As you plan for the future, you should consider how to maintain your independence and your hard-earned savings if you experience a long- term illness or are diagnosed with a chronic condition that would require extended care. The Surrett Group can show you long-term care (LTC) insurance solutions that will provide you with the financial benefits you need to retain choice and control in the event you need long-term care.
• Long Term Care can become necessary due to an injury, an illness such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, or due to a cognitive impairment, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
• Long-term care can be received at an assisted living facility, a nursing home or even at home.
Few issues are more compelling than the need for long-term care. As we age, and as more of us are living longer in our retirement years, it’s likely that a larger number of us will be forced to confront this issue. In fact, more than half of us will require some type of Long Term Care in our lifetime. Will we be prepared?
At The Surrett Group We are always available to answer your questions and explain the benefits available, which include:
· Avoiding Medicaid - Medicare does NOT pay for Long Term Care - Medicaid pays for nearly one of two total nursing home dollars.Medicaid is the primary payor of LTC services.Medicaid is available only to certain low-income individuals who fit into an eligibility group that is recognized by federal and state law. Medicaid requires you to “Spend Down” your assets until you qualify for benefits. Medicaid does not pay money to the beneficiary; it only pays directly to health-care providers.
· Safeguarding your savings and retirement - Current Cost Estimates for the Atlanta Georgia Area - Home Health Aides, $3337 per mo. - Adult Day Care, $1300 per month - Private 1Br Assisted Living, $2700 per month - Nursing Home, Private Room, $5779 per month and for Semi-Private Room, $5627
· Premiums can be tax deductible for qualified plans
· You control your care - you have the flexibility to choose where and how you are cared for - including the important option of remaining at home
· Respite Care - Care for the caregiver - if you are caring for your own family member - you can arrange for relief (freedom to take some time off)
· Peace of Mind - Long Term Care can be emotionally and financially stressful for your family
When reviewing you LTC insurance options, you’ll need to consider:
Total coverage needs - Total value of the assets you want to protect. Your total coverage is calculated based on the benefit amount and the benefit period you choose.
Benefit Amount - Maximum amount that your policy provides to cover your care costs on a daily or monthly basis.
Benefit Period - Minimum period of time (years) you can expect your coverage to last.
Elimination Period - Similar to a deductible, this is the amount of time (days) that you will be required to pay for the cost of care before your policy begins to pay benefits for an eligible claim.
Inflation Protection - Helps your benefits grow over time to keep up with the rising cost of care.
Total Benefit Amount- Total pool of money from which your benefits will be paid.
When you are ready to begin the planning process, The Surrett Group is a great resource for information and for Georgia LTC plans from the trusted, highly rated carriers that meet your specific needs and budget.